Thursday, September 15, 2011

Aw, who's an ALEC?

I contacted Rep. Kiffmeyer's office a couple of times to get a roster of members of ALEC -- the American Legislative Exchange Council -- in the Minnesota legislature. I believe it was Rep. Kiffmeyer (she's the chair of the state's ALEC delegation) who said there were thirty members of ALEC in the legislature, but a handful are still unaccounted for.

Anyway, I got phone message from Rep. Kiffmeyer's LA Wednesday, relaying a message from the representative:
ALEC is a private organization, so you should contact it directly for membership information.
Translation:
I'm not outing anybody.
Why an organization so involved in public policy and having members who are public figures and public officials should be private is beyond me, but there you have it.

No comments: